Period homestead with pool and outbuildings in Banwell countryside
- Credit: Debbie Fortune
A quirky, historic, four-bedroom detached house in a large plot of about 1.82 acres, with numerous outbuildings, swimming pool, orchard and paddock, in a sought-after village in Weston.
Offering a perfect slice of rural living, the extended homestead dates back to 1820 and is packed with period character and charm, and has potential to be improved and extended.
The accommodation comprises; storm porch, hallway, sitting room, reception room, en-suite bedroom, dining room, kitchen and utility room on the ground floor, while upstairs are three double bedrooms, the master en-suite, and a main bathroom.
A stone wall and open staircase are features of the hallway, and the triple-aspect sitting room has a handsome stone fireplace, exposed timber beams and French doors to the garden. The third reception room has a stunning vaulted ceiling and has been used in the past as a fifth bedroom, music room and playroom.
A tiled floor and whitewashed walls can be found in the dining room, which leads through an arch to the kitchen. This is fitted with a range of Shaker-style units, with an integrated dishwasher, twin ovens and an induction hob. There is plumbing for white goods in the extended utility room, which also has patio doors to the garden.
Outside, the house sits in beautiful grounds at the end of a peaceful no-through lane. It is approached via a gated driveway, with a sweeping track leading to ample parking and a double garage.
The grounds include a 30ft heated pool with shower and plant rooms, a large paddock which is currently used as a two-hole golf course and numerous outbuildings, including a two-berth stable and a large tool shed attached to the garage.
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 8 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 9 Weston bathing water rated 'poor' and swimming discouraged
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead
The front garden has a large lawn with several mature fruit trees and hedgerow and the back has summerhouses and a pagoda. The paddock has a beautiful wildflower meadow at the back, with mowed pathways, and next to it is a fenced orchard.
The property, while rural and idyllic, is also close to village amenities and well-regarded local schools and is offered with no onward chain.
Guide price: £825,000
Location: Cooks Lane, Banwell, Weston-super-Mare
Agent: Debbie Fortune, 01934 862370