Beautiful open-plan, versatile living in popular Portishead
- Credit: Debbie Fortune Estate Agents
A spacious five-bedroom detached house in sought-after Merlin Park, offering versatile accommodation perfectly suited to family life.
Occupying a quiet position, with an established front garden and an attractive, sunny back garden, the property has been modernised and much improved by the owners.
Approaching the property via a private driveway, with a path at the side, you enter the house under an open porch, across a paved terrace. The accommodation comprises a light-filled entrance hallway with an understairs cupboard, cloakroom, sitting room, home office/snug/ playroom and an open-plan kitchen-dining room on the ground floor. Upstairs, are the bedrooms and family bathroom.
Decorated in modern muted grey tones, the spacious bay-fronted sitting room overlooks the front garden. An open arch from the hallway leads to what was once an integral garage, now beautifully converted into a children's playroom.
The exceptional kitchen/living room/diner spans the full width of the back of the house and is fitted with contemporary sage-green units, finished with black-quartz worktops with contrasting metro-tiled splashbacks. There is space for a range cooker, with a glass and stainless-steel extractor hood, a recess for an American-style fridge-freezer and an integrated dishwasher, washing machine and wine chiller. Marble-effect floor tiles, space for a large dining table and two sets of French doors leading into the garden, are also features of this room, which has room for a corner sofa at one end. There is also a cupboard housing a tumble dryer, a vertical radiator, spotlights and a recessed wine shelf.
Upstairs, the bedrooms are accessed off a galleried landing, where there is a large airing cupboard and loft access. Three of the bedrooms are at the front of the house and enjoy a bright and sunny outlook, while the master bedroom and another double are at the back. The master is almost 19ft long, with a dressing area and an en-suite bathroom, featuring geometric tiling and a rainfall shower over the bath.
The bathroom is fitted with a contemporary suite with a separate walk-in shower, heated towel rail, gloss-effect metro tiled walls and a distressed wood-effect ceramic tiled floor. Outside, a neat herringbone brick patio flanks the back of the house, the perfect space to enjoy al-fresco dining and summer barbecues. A large, level lawn is enclosed by painted fencing, and there are well-established borders, a small garden shed and a children's play set with slide, climbing wall and bridge.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
Guide price: £585,000
Location: Merlin Park, Portishead
Agent: Debbie Fortune Estate Agents, 01934 862370