Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- Credit: Hensons
A fabulous restored and enhanced double-fronted four-bedroom Georgian village house.
One of only a handful of properties dating from 1830 in Nailsea, it is well-known and admired in the area, with rumour suggesting it was once the village dental surgeon’s house.
Presented in first-class order throughout, the accommodation comprises; gabled porch, reception hall, sitting room, dining room, study/family room, conservatory, kitchen, utility cupboard and cloakroom on the ground floor, while the bedrooms, main bathroom, toilet and shower room can be found on the first-floor.
The double aspect sitting room has a sash window at the front and French doors at the back, leading to the conservatory and garden beyond. An impressive fireplace with exposed local stonework, open flagstone hearth, exposed natural stone piers and an oak bressummer with wood-burning stove is the focal point of the impressive room.
A range of bespoke units with pine-profiled tiled worktops fill the kitchen, which also has an enamel sink with period-style brass mixer tap, tiled surrounds, a Range cooker with extractor hood, floor tiles by Fired Earth, plumbing for a dishwasher, recess for a fridge-freezer and space for a breakfast table.
The biggest improvement made in recent years is the elegant David Salisbury orangery-style conservatory which spans the back of the house.
Outside is a natural stone boundary wall and wide gateway opening onto the drive and forecourt at the front, which is flanked by low-walled beds, flagstone coping and colourful planting. There is ample parking, turning space and even space for a boat, caravan or motorhome.
- 1 Parking restrictions plaguing Clevedon residents' everyday lives
- 2 More than 2,500 new homes north of Banwell in Local Plan draft
- 3 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 4 WATCH: Stunning 40-yard 'goal of the season' for Clevedon Town earns praise from FIFA
- 5 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 6 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 7 Cross-party support for Liam Fox's 'landmark' Downs Syndrome Bill
- 8 Clevedon rated as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK
- 9 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 10 Plan for 2,800-home development would see 'Banwell Bypass' built
There is a double garage with a metal up-and-over door, lighting, and power. It has a workshop at the back with two windows and a door to the garden.
The mature back gardens include a flagstone terrace and raised stone-walled borders adjoining the conservatory. There is a herb garden and shaped beds planted with specimen shrubs and bushes and steps to a lawn area surrounded by mature trees, including a Weeping Willow.
A path returns to the font of the house via a gravelled area framed by plants, shrubs and conical-shaped box bushes inside a wrought iron gate.
Guide Price: £795,000
Location: Silver Street, Nailsea
Agent: Hensons, 01275 810030