A versatile five-bedroom house with enviable gardens
- Credit: Hensons
An exceptional five-bedroom 1920s house, with large gardens, in a quiet lane in old Nailsea.
The accommodation comprises; vestibule porch, reception hall, shower room, sitting room, living room, kitchen-dining room and utility room on the ground floor, three double bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor and two bedrooms on the second floor.
A fireplace, picture rails, high ceilings and a broad three-panel bay window are features of the sitting room, while the large family room/living room leads into the back garden through French doors, which open onto a terrace and lawn. This room also has a fireplace with a living-flame gas fire and an archway, adding interest.
The dual-aspect kitchen is fitted with a range of contemporary Shaker-style cabinetry, with built-in appliances, including an inset hob with an extractor hood. A French window opens to the terrace and lawns at the back and a door leads to the utility room, which has appliance space and a door to the courtyard garden at the side of the house.
A shower, dressing area and a ‘bathing annexe’ are lovely features of the bathroom.
Views over the playing fields of Nailsea School and to the hillside of Wraxall beyond, can be enjoyed from a picture window on the first-floor landing.
Outside, a drive at the front provides parking, with a gravelled forecourt arriving at a large detached garage.
- 1 Skate park fundraiser reaches £27,000 - but needs YOUR help
- 2 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 3 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 6 Weather warning issued for thunderstorms across Somerset
- 7 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 8 Portishead Town silence Telephones to take over at top of table
- 9 Promoted Nailsea ease to nine-wicket win ahead of title showdown
- 10 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
A gate at the side of the house opens to a sandstone-paved courtyard, screened by a mature Beech hedge, and a variety of specimen shrubs and bushes. The courtyard forms a pathway to a terrace, which spans the back of the house, with a level formal lawn. The garden is screened by a variety of established trees and fencing.
A path and another gate lead to a grower’s garden with a lawned play area, sheds, a greenhouse, space for chickens if required, a nature garden with a newt pond and wildflower meadow. There is also a productive soft fruit and vegetable garden.
Guide Price: £695,000-750,000
Location: Mayfair Avenue, Nailsea
Agent: Hensons, 01275 810030