Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- Credit: Westcoast Properties
One of Portishead's finest homes, this detached four-bedroom residence was built during the mid-nineteenth century and has been lovingly cared for over the years, retaining many original features.
Loved by the same family for 40 years, the house, which is near the High Street, is ready for the next owner to enjoy the space and some of the finest views of the Lake Grounds and estuary beyond.
The accommodation comprises; porch, entrance hall, living room, dining room, kitchen-breakfast room, bathroom, garden room and butler’s pantry on the ground floor, with the bedrooms, the master with en-suite, on the first floor. There is also a toilet on a half-landing.
Original sash windows and striking fire surrounds with stoves are features of the living and dining rooms, with the living room also having a cupboard built into an alcove.
An archway leads from the dining room to the kitchen, with its modern range of units, feature bay window, integrated dishwasher, alcove with space for a range cooker and good-quality laminate flooring.
The beautiful period bathroom includes a freestanding roll-top bath with metal feet on raised stripped wooden flooring, with a tiled shower cubicle room at the side.
Leading onto the back garden, the garden room is a lovely space to sit and enjoy the pretty surroundings, being part-glazed, with vented windows.
- 1 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 4 Beer and cider festival raises £2k for community centre
- 5 Ashton & Backwell United appoint Tony Beecham as new manager
- 6 Hundreds flock to town's first arts festival
- 7 Nailsea preschool leader retires after 33 years
- 8 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 9 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 10 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
A range of built-in storage solutions fill the master bedroom, which has a sliding door to the en-suite shower room. The fourth bedroom also has built-in furniture and three of the bedrooms feature sash windows.
Outside, there is tandem parking off a driveway, which leads to a garage with workshop area.
There is an attractive courtyard back garden, with colourful planting, a summerhouse and wooden steps leading to an elevated deck over the garage, offering sea views.
Location: Nore Road, Portishead
Agent: Westcoast Properties, 01275 849362