Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- Credit: Debbie Fortune
A beautiful quintessentially-English cottage is on the market for the first time in almost forty years.
Believed to be almost 300 years old, the property is accessed through wrought iron electronically-operated gates. It comprises a hallway, four reception rooms, inner hallway, cloakroom, utility room and a kitchen-dining room on the ground floor, with five bedrooms and two bathrooms on the first.
A reception room to the left of the hallway is perfect for a hobby or games room, the inner hallway is currently used as a dining hall, and there is also a walk-in larder. The spacious sitting room has light provided by square bay windows and has an inglenook wood-burner. The dining room lends itself to a number of uses being next to the kitchen, which is big enough to house a dining room too, as well as having a breakfast bar.
There is office space with windows and parquet flooring, leading onto the first-floor landing.
Upstairs there are four double bedrooms and a single, some with sinks and built-in wardrobes, two of which open up onto balconies, plus a separate toilet.
Outside, the wrap-around gardens are made up of lawns, colourful borders, gravelled and paved seating areas and an established vegetable plot at the back. There is also a double garage and two driveways.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
Location: Farlers End, Nailsea
Agent: Debbie Fortune, 01275 406880