North Somerset ice cream parlours: 5 ways to satisfy a sweet tooth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From a banana split or ice cream sundae to a Mr Whippy cone – North Somerset boasts deliciously decadent cafes, ice cream parlours and sweet shops to leave you with a much-needed sugar rush
Grand Pier, Weston-super-mare | 01934 620238
As the name suggests, this ice-cream parlour in Weston specialises in sundaes – in addition to American pancakes, waffles and floats. Hot and cold drinks and a wide selection of cakes are also on offer. Make sure you try the Boogie Woogie Banana Split: chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream surrounded by fresh banana. All finished off with whipped cream, chopped nuts, strawberry sauce and chocolate sauce.
20 the Beach, Clevedon | Tel: 01275 349032
Scarlett’s Restaurant & Tearoom is a great place to stop for an ice cream and enjoy the fantastic views of Clevedon Pier. They serve award-winning Marshfields Farm ice-cream in a range of flavours, so there’s guaranteed to be something to suit your taste. If you’re looking for something more substantial they also offer a range of desserts including the classic banana split. Aside from ice-cream though, they offer a full lunch menu, and according to their reviews on TripAdvisor, serve the best breakfast in town!
- 1 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 2 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 3 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 4 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 5 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 6 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Home star Hughes wins Nailsea OBE tournament
High Street, Portishead
Shanicatti Shakes is a popular tearoom serving drinks, snacks, freshly-made sandwiches and home-made cakes. However, it is also a trendy shakes bar offering whippy ice cream and the biggest range of milkshake flavours in town. We’ve heard that the chocolate orange shake is worth the trip alone.
Charlie’s Sweet Factory and Ice Cream Bar
Opposite Weston-super-Mare Pier | 01934 628818
The biggest sweet shop in Weston, boasting hundreds of pick a mix, boiled sweets, American specials and old fashioned British favourites. But if that selection hasn’t make your teeth hurt just thinking about it, they also serve a range of ice cream, including everyone’s favourite whippy ice cream cone for £1.
A permanent ice cream parlour is planned for this summer on the famous Clevedon Pier. Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust are currently recruiting a catering service, which will provide a cafe, restaurant and ice-cream parlour, opening in September 2015
Are you looking forward to the new ice-cream parlour on the pier? Have your say and tweet us @NSomTimes