Vintage double decker set for model airshow weekend
- Credit: Jeremy Long \ JCL Photography
A vintage double-decker bus will join the crowds at the annual Woodspring Wings model airshow weekend next month.
The event, on July 9 and 10, will help highlight the legacy of industrial pioneer Sir George White displayed at the Aerospace Bristol museum.
The bus is one of an immaculate fleet run by Crosville Vintage, of Weston, a family-run business, which offers bespoke vintage bus and steam hire in the south west.
It will be joined on the show site near Yatton by several Bristol Cars owned by members of the Bristol Owners Heritage Trust.
Woodspring Wings will again feature a continuous display of a wide variety of of model aircraft - from light 'club' models to jets (with real turbines) and to huge models of the Avro Lancaster with four engines.
On both days there will be a fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight’s World War Two Hawker Hurricane - one of only 14 still-flying representatives of this iconic fighter, which shot down more aircraft than the Spitfire in the Battle of Britain.
To complement the model flying, there will be a traders’ area with model stands and other offers, a bring and buy section for modellers, a children’s ride area and refreshments from the show’s partners at Al Fresco.
- 1 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 2 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
- 3 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 4 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 5 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 8 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 9 First Bus and Stagecoach reps to face Portishead residents in meeting
- 10 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
Parking is free. Entry is adults £12 on the day, £10 in advance, with children 16 and under free or, for those who want to make a weekend of it, camping is £50 in advance and £70 on the day, which includes admission on both days for two adults.