Cocktail bars in North Somerset: the top places to go
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Heading out of Bristol to pretty North Somerset you’ll find a variety of cocktail bars to tickle your fancy. From Portishead and Clevedon down to Weston-super-Mare, we pick 4 favourite cocktail venues
59 Hill Road, Clevedon
A relative newcomer to Clevedon, The Limehouse is smart with a definite touch of the vintage about the décor. Food is served all day with brunch particularly popular – try it so that you’ll have something solid in your stomach prior to sampling those lunchtime cocktails. Right now it’s the place to be spotted in if you happen to be in the trendy crowd in Clevedon.
High Street, Portishead
An informal café come bar with a relaxed, comfortable environment – perfect to sit back and sip your favourite cocktail. Located on the old Budgens site, the Impero Lounge is split over two floors and packed with quirky design features - plus lots of space for getting everyone together for a round of mojitos. Try the raspberry mojito, served with fresh raspberries and Chase raspberry liqueur
You may also want to watch:
Walliscote Road, Weston-super-mare
Just outside the main town thoroughfare, Bonds has a chilled out atmosphere and attracts a more grown-up crowd. In addition to a tempting cocktail menu, Bonds Wine Bar boasts a wide range of draught lagers from the continent, as well as the favourite local ciders and an extensive wine list. Make sure you try one of their daiquiris – you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
South Parade, Weston-super-Mare
Known for a fun and friendly atmosphere, Unwined have an impressive bar selection – with a quality wine list in addition to their cocktail offering. Try the house cocktail – a rum espresso martini, or if coffee isn’t your thing, they serve a mean cosmopolitan! The bar also serves delicious sounding tapas to sample as you sip away.
Like this? Check out the top 5 real ale pubs in North Somerset.