Clevedon coffee shops: 5 of the best places to visit
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Are you a coffee addict, always on the hunt around North Somerset for the perfect Flat White or Americano? Whether you like your latte fair trade, decaffeinated or crafted from locally roasted coffee beans – we pick 5 favourites to fill that caffeine craving
Station Road, Clevedon
Coffee #1 services the South West and Wales with its refreshing take on the chain-store coffee shop – serving up a mean cappuccino and some of the biggest toasted tea cakes we’ve seen, all from within the relaxed atmosphere of its quirkily decorated coffee house.
Clevedon Road, Tickenham
Discover this independent café and farm shop tucked within the Golden Acres Garden Nursery. With an emphasis on local produce, even the coffee is sourced locally from Somerset coffee roasters Martin Carwardines & Co, before being whipped up by the friendly baristas into the hot drink of your choice.
Hill Road, Clevedon
You may also want to watch:
Not far from Clevedon’s Victorian Pier you will find Murrays – a café bar-come-delicatessen. Packed to the brim with local produce, it boasts an impressive breakfast menu – try the lightly fried San Marzano tomatoes on toast to accompany your morning macchiato.
Hill Road, Clevedon
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 5 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 8 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 9 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 10 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
Behind the pretty pink exterior, this coffee house serves up a range of hot drinks, snacks and even a traditional cream tea. For the gluten-free among us, Butterflies have an impressive gluten-free selection of treats to accompany that cup of locally-ground fair trade coffee.
The Beach, Clevedon
Although better known for their loose leaf tea, the award-winning Tiffin team are fully prepared for the coffee connoisseur. Try the coffee dripper filter with aromatic single estate coffee of the season. And if a coffee isn’t quite enough, choose a freshly made cake from their aptly named ‘Naughty Corner’.
Do you have a favourite place to sip a coffee in Clevedon? Let us know – Tweet us @NSomTimes
If you’re still feeling thirsty, check out the top 5 Country pubs in North Somerset.