Clevedon coffee shops: 5 of the best places to visit
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Are you a coffee addict, always on the hunt around North Somerset for the perfect Flat White or Americano? Whether you like your latte fair trade, decaffeinated or crafted from locally roasted coffee beans – we pick 5 favourites to fill that caffeine craving
Station Road, Clevedon
Coffee #1 services the South West and Wales with its refreshing take on the chain-store coffee shop – serving up a mean cappuccino and some of the biggest toasted tea cakes we’ve seen, all from within the relaxed atmosphere of its quirkily decorated coffee house.
Clevedon Road, Tickenham
Discover this independent café and farm shop tucked within the Golden Acres Garden Nursery. With an emphasis on local produce, even the coffee is sourced locally from Somerset coffee roasters Martin Carwardines & Co, before being whipped up by the friendly baristas into the hot drink of your choice.
Hill Road, Clevedon
Not far from Clevedon’s Victorian Pier you will find Murrays – a café bar-come-delicatessen. Packed to the brim with local produce, it boasts an impressive breakfast menu – try the lightly fried San Marzano tomatoes on toast to accompany your morning macchiato.
Hill Road, Clevedon
- 1 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 2 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 3 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 4 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 5 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 6 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 7 Plan for nine homes near tourist attraction refused
- 8 Full line-up of Weston Air Show revealed
- 9 Snoopy is coming to North Somerset...
- 10 Council leader resigns from role
Behind the pretty pink exterior, this coffee house serves up a range of hot drinks, snacks and even a traditional cream tea. For the gluten-free among us, Butterflies have an impressive gluten-free selection of treats to accompany that cup of locally-ground fair trade coffee.
The Beach, Clevedon
Although better known for their loose leaf tea, the award-winning Tiffin team are fully prepared for the coffee connoisseur. Try the coffee dripper filter with aromatic single estate coffee of the season. And if a coffee isn’t quite enough, choose a freshly made cake from their aptly named ‘Naughty Corner’.
Do you have a favourite place to sip a coffee in Clevedon? Let us know – Tweet us @NSomTimes
If you’re still feeling thirsty, check out the top 5 Country pubs in North Somerset.