Clevedon coffee shops: 5 of the best places to visit
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Are you a coffee addict, always on the hunt around North Somerset for the perfect Flat White or Americano? Whether you like your latte fair trade, decaffeinated or crafted from locally roasted coffee beans – we pick 5 favourites to fill that caffeine craving
Station Road, Clevedon
Coffee #1 services the South West and Wales with its refreshing take on the chain-store coffee shop – serving up a mean cappuccino and some of the biggest toasted tea cakes we’ve seen, all from within the relaxed atmosphere of its quirkily decorated coffee house.
Clevedon Road, Tickenham
Discover this independent café and farm shop tucked within the Golden Acres Garden Nursery. With an emphasis on local produce, even the coffee is sourced locally from Somerset coffee roasters Martin Carwardines & Co, before being whipped up by the friendly baristas into the hot drink of your choice.
Hill Road, Clevedon
You may also want to watch:
Not far from Clevedon’s Victorian Pier you will find Murrays – a café bar-come-delicatessen. Packed to the brim with local produce, it boasts an impressive breakfast menu – try the lightly fried San Marzano tomatoes on toast to accompany your morning macchiato.
Hill Road, Clevedon
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 4 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 5 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 6 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 8 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 9 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 10 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
Behind the pretty pink exterior, this coffee house serves up a range of hot drinks, snacks and even a traditional cream tea. For the gluten-free among us, Butterflies have an impressive gluten-free selection of treats to accompany that cup of locally-ground fair trade coffee.
The Beach, Clevedon
Although better known for their loose leaf tea, the award-winning Tiffin team are fully prepared for the coffee connoisseur. Try the coffee dripper filter with aromatic single estate coffee of the season. And if a coffee isn’t quite enough, choose a freshly made cake from their aptly named ‘Naughty Corner’.
Do you have a favourite place to sip a coffee in Clevedon? Let us know – Tweet us @NSomTimes
If you’re still feeling thirsty, check out the top 5 Country pubs in North Somerset.