Breakfast in North Somerset: 5 of the best places to go
- Credit: Archant
From full English fry-ups and continental breakfasts to a healthy way to start the day – we pick 5 favourite locations in Nailsea, Clevedon and Weston to eat your most important meal
Old Street, Clevedon
Offering something a little different to the everyday breakfast fodder, Old Street Pantry is a cool new haunt in Clevedon and already known for its top notch coffee. Bringing home cooked food and quirky style, make sure you try the chai porridge with caramelised bananas and walnuts.
Boulevard, Weston super Mare
Nestled in the heart of Weston, Hadley’s is a chic restaurant bistro that opens for the best meal of the day – breakfast! The menu is full of tempting options, from croissants to veggie breakfasts. If you want a lighter option than the traditional fry up, try ordering the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on a toasted muffin.
You may also want to watch:
Hill Road, Clevedon
Boasting a cosy interior with a fin de siècle Parisian vibe, word on the street is that The Limehouse serves a scrummy vegetarian breakfast. However, if you’re not up for a meat-free morning then never fear, there are other tempting options to choose from – try the French toast with smoked streaky bacon and maple syrup.
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
High Street, Nailsea
Whether you want a full English or just some perfectly poached eggs on toast, head to Gilly’s for a warm welcome and traditional atmosphere. Run for the past 10 years by experienced chef Gilly Chu, who uses local produce to create home-cooked food for the people of Nailsea.
Old Street, Clevedon
Praised repeatedly on Tripadvisor for impressive service, Arnett’s Cosy kitchen is one of the top breakfast spots in Clevedon. Relax in the comfortable, child-friendly cafe where you can choose from a range of gluten free breakfast options, in addition to the much loved full English.
Station Road, Nailsea
Serving up traditional style cafe food, Cafe 119 in Nailsea will make sure you get your day off to a good start. We say, forget the calories and go for the Big Breakfast - you won’t regret it!
Where do you head to for your fry-up fix in North Somerset? Tell us your favourites @NSomTimes
Like this? Check out the best coffee shops in Clevedon