7 of the best burgers in North Somerset
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The burger bar is a top place to catch up with friends over a chargrilled feast – and North Somerset boasts some winners – whether you prefer an American BBQ smokehouse or a traditional burger diner to take the kids, we’ve got it covered
The Ethicurean restaurant in Wrington marks itself out as a purveyor of ‘entirely seasonal, local and ethical British produce’ - and you will be pleased to discover that Tuesday is Burger Night! With a Hereford Simmental cross beef burger, Welsh Rarebit cheese, chipotle mayonnaise, shiitake mushroom ketchup and brioche bun on the menu, you will be wishing it was Tuesday every day. Expect to find well thought out cocktail pairings and a roaring log burner on chilly evenings.
Head down to the open air pool in Portishead to discover the recently reopened Radical Burger Kitchen – formerly The Lido Kitchen, All burgers on the menu are available in chicken, beef or bean burger options – we’ve heard the sweet potato fries are top notch too. Plus, if you happen to be at the lido for an early morning swim, The Radical Burger Kitchen serve breakfast until 12.
If you’re a fan of American style BBQ joints then head over to this barbecue smokehouse in the centre of Weston Super Mare. The wooden clad restaurant is recommended for a laid back atmosphere and helpful, friendly staff – plus a great pudding selection. Watch your hand pressed burger be made to order in the open kitchen – and if you can’t eat everything you order, don’t worry, doggy bags are available!
Aqua has open kitchens so you can see the chefs in action, or weather permitting, soak up the view of the Marina from the restaurant’s piazza if you choose to dine alfresco. Cured meats and produce sourced from Italy, are fused with meat, fish and vegetables from local suppliers to create an interesting menu. Make sure you order the Homemade Italian beef burger with Montgomery cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato & hand cut triple cooked chips.
You may also want to watch:
Serving up home-cooked traditional Italian recipes, created using locally sourced meat and fish. The restaurant has won a number of awards over the years for its pizzas and pasta dishes. However they also offer a house burger. The Bottelino’s Burger is a 6oz chargrilled burger with mozzarella and arrabiatta sauce, served with double cooked chips.
This family run diner in Weston is recommended for its American inspired food offering. Try the Stateside Stack – that’s a chicken, beef or veggie burger topped with melted cheese, chilli con carne, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos. If you’re gluten free then never fear, Browns will make sure that no one is left out.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
Recommended for friendly staff and child –friendly atmosphere. In addition to the delicious sounding combinations on the menu, diners can build their own unique gourmet burger from a wide selection of toppings and sauces.
Like this? Check out the top cocktail bars in North Somerset