5 top places to eat fish and chips in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
From cod and chips to mushy peas, a great British day out isn’t complete without a traditional fish supper – we pick 5 of the best places to enjoy a fresh fish meal from Weston to Congresbury
20 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare
Established in 1966, the award-winning restaurant has a reputation as one of the best fish and chips in the area. Winners of many local awards, Papas serve up a top haddock and chips – perfect to eat while soaking up the sunshine along the Grand Pier.
You may also want to watch:
The Precinct, Brinsea Road, Congresbury
Oldfields Fish and chips is a family run business based in the heart of Congresbury. Recommended for its large portions and extensive menu that includes freshly cooked fish, sausages, chicken, burgers and pies. Plus, if you don’t fancy cooking the roast dinner at the weekend they even offer a Sunday carvery.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 4 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Yatton Fish Bar
45 High Street, Yatton
A traditional village fish and chip shop located in the heart of Yatton serving up a splendid fish and chips. If you regularly give in to fish and chip cravings then Yatton Fish Bar’s loyalty card could be the answer - gain a stamp each time you visit and once there are six stamps you get your seventh meal free!
Winscombe Fish Bar
1 Sandford Road, Winscombe
With a somewhat legendary local reputation, Winscombe Fish Bar are repeatedly praised for service that goes the extra mile in addition to the tasty food. Food is freshly cooked to order and its worth phoning ahead – the popularity of their fish and chips means this place can get busy. 01934 843666
69 Meadow Street, Weston-super-Mare
At Atlantic you can opt for either the traditional battered fish, or try your fresh fish cooked on their charcoal grill with choice of cajun rub or citrus and chilli marinade. Atlantic run a weekly gluten-free day every Sunday – so no one has to miss out on their fish-and-chip fix! Using sustainably sourced fish and home-made mushy peas and sauces.
Like this? Check out the 7 best burgers in North Somerset.