5 top places to eat fish and chips in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
From cod and chips to mushy peas, a great British day out isn’t complete without a traditional fish supper – we pick 5 of the best places to enjoy a fresh fish meal from Weston to Congresbury
20 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare
Established in 1966, the award-winning restaurant has a reputation as one of the best fish and chips in the area. Winners of many local awards, Papas serve up a top haddock and chips – perfect to eat while soaking up the sunshine along the Grand Pier.
You may also want to watch:
The Precinct, Brinsea Road, Congresbury
Oldfields Fish and chips is a family run business based in the heart of Congresbury. Recommended for its large portions and extensive menu that includes freshly cooked fish, sausages, chicken, burgers and pies. Plus, if you don’t fancy cooking the roast dinner at the weekend they even offer a Sunday carvery.
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 5 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Yatton under-13s come out on top against Clevedon
Yatton Fish Bar
45 High Street, Yatton
A traditional village fish and chip shop located in the heart of Yatton serving up a splendid fish and chips. If you regularly give in to fish and chip cravings then Yatton Fish Bar’s loyalty card could be the answer - gain a stamp each time you visit and once there are six stamps you get your seventh meal free!
Winscombe Fish Bar
1 Sandford Road, Winscombe
With a somewhat legendary local reputation, Winscombe Fish Bar are repeatedly praised for service that goes the extra mile in addition to the tasty food. Food is freshly cooked to order and its worth phoning ahead – the popularity of their fish and chips means this place can get busy. 01934 843666
69 Meadow Street, Weston-super-Mare
At Atlantic you can opt for either the traditional battered fish, or try your fresh fish cooked on their charcoal grill with choice of cajun rub or citrus and chilli marinade. Atlantic run a weekly gluten-free day every Sunday – so no one has to miss out on their fish-and-chip fix! Using sustainably sourced fish and home-made mushy peas and sauces.
Like this? Check out the 7 best burgers in North Somerset.