Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:55 10 May 2019
A woodland adventure day, cricketing festival and Victory in Europe Day celebration are all taking place across the area this weekend.
- Calling all women who like cricket and prosecco, this event is for you.
Long Ashton Cricket Club, in Yanley Lane, is holding a Bubbles and Bats event as part of the women's softball cricket festival tonight (Friday) from 6.30-8.30pm. All equipment is provided, including the soft ball used and a free T-shirt and bottle of prosecco per team.
Tickets, priced £15 per team, which includes games, a barbecue and bar, can be purchased at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A VE Day Swing For Victory event will be held at Clevedon community centre, in Princes Road, on Friday.
The event starts at 7.30pm and will raise money for the Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary.
Tickets, priced £12-15, are available at www.designmynight.com or at email@example.com
- People will get the chance to learn more about the work of a life-saving charity.
Portishead RNLI will host an open day at the lifeboat station, in Eastcliff, on Sunday from 10am-3pm.
- A golf club in Congresbury will reopen its recently refurbished doors on Sunday.
Mendip Springs Golf Club, in Honeyhall Lane, will host a free open day from 10am-3pm.
A hog roast, live music and golf lessons will be available.
- A Dormouse Woodland Adventure day is taking place in Wraxall to mark the 3rd anniversary of the Ty Sculpture Trail.
The event runs from 10.30am-4pm on Sunday in Towerhouse Woods and features forest school activities, a quiz trail, storytelling and games.
The event is free and trail maps can be picked up from Jacklands Farm Shop, in Jacklands Fishing Lakes, in Tickenham.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.