Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:12 12 October 2018 | UPDATED: 17:39 12 October 2018
A circus, Apple Days and a barn dance are just some of the activities you can enjoy across the district this weekend.
- A barn dance in aid of the Congresbury village hall project will be held at the Old School Rooms, in Station Road, tonight (Friday) at 7.45pm.
Tickets, priced £8, include food and are available from Rose on 01934 838800.
- Backwell will be visited by a circus, in aid of the Backwell Federation’s PTA.
It will take place at Backwell School’s playing fields, in Station Road, on Saturday at 2pm.
Tickets, priced £10-36, are available from www.pta-events.co.uk/backwellfederationpa
- A harvest supper will be held at Cleeve’s village hall, in Cleeve Hill Road, on Saturday at 7.15pm.
Tickets, priced £4-7, include a two-course meal and are available from 01934 838515.
- Apple Days are occurring the district this weekend.
Transition Town Nailsea hosts its ceremony at the Ring O’ Bells, in St Mary’s Grove, from 1-5pm on Saturday, while Long Ashton’s community centre, in Keedwell Hill, will open its doors on Sunday from 2-5pm and The Friends of Watchhouse Hill will hold its day at Pill’s Community Orchard, on Watchhouse Hill, from 2-4pm.
Entry is free to all events and entertainment ranges from story-telling, apple-picking and live music.
- A tantalising selection of delicious treats, plus high-quality crafts stalls and excellent entertainment, will be enjoyed at a picturesque Portishead venue on Sunday.
The Made In North Somerset Showcase will be held at Court House Farm, in Church Road South, from 10am-4pm.
More than 60 stalls will be dotted around the courtyards, showing off the best creations North Somerset has to offer.