Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 17 August 2018 | UPDATED: 17:26 17 August 2018
After a grey spell, the summer sun looks set to return to region this weekend. Here are some of the activities you can enjoy.
- Clevedon’s Curzon cinema, in Old Church Road, will screen Disney’s latest offering.
Christopher Robins will be shown at 10.30am and 1.30pm tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday.
Tickets, priced £5-6.70, are available from www.curzon.org.uk or on 01275 871000.
- Tickenham flower show will take place at the hall and field, in Clevedon Road on Saturday at 12.30pm.
Craft stalls, music and hot food and drink will be available.
Entry is £3 and free park and ride is available from the golf club, also in Clevedon Road, with the last bus departing at 5.30pm.
- Barrow Gurney is set for two fun family events.
The flower show will be held at the village hall, in Barrow Street, on Saturday at 2.45pm.
The village barbecue will also take place at the village hall on Sunday at 1pm. Tickets for the barbecue cost £7.50-10 and are available online via www.bit.ly/bgfsbbq2018
- Pianist Phil Lawrence is putting on a concert of light classical music in Nailsea’s Christ Church, Christchurch Close, on Saturday at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £8, are available from the parish office on 01275 859210 or choir members.
Money raised will go towards the organ fund.
- Dr Samantha Matthews will give a talk on poet Hannah More at Wraxall’s Tyntesfield house followed by a guided walk with poet-in-residence, Holly Corfield Carr on Sunday from 2-4pm.
Tickets, priced £8 are available from www.nationaltrust.org.uk/tyntesfield or on 01275 461900.