Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 03 August 2018 | UPDATED: 17:30 03 August 2018
The first weekend of August is set to be a scorcher, and there are plenty of activities to enjoy across the district this weekend.
- Stunning floral displays will also be on display in Nailsea tomorrow (Saturday).
The horticultural society’s summer show will be held from noon to 5pm at Nailsea School, in Mizzymead Road.
More than 270 classes will be open with plenty of exhibits on show. Trophies will be handed out at 4.30pm and schedules will be available in the library.
- There will be more impressive flowers on show in Easton-in-Gordano on Saturday.
A flower show will be held at St Georges Church, in Church Lane, from 2.30-4.30pm.
- A carnival featuring acrobats, African dancers, drummers and animals will take place at a Wraxall zoo on Saturday.
Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, in Clevedon Road, will celebrate world lion day by hosting a carnival from 10.30am-5pm.
Tickets, priced £8-20, can be purchased online at www.noahsarkzoofarm.co.uk or on 01275 852606.
- Pride in Portishead will hold a clean up around Rippleside on Sunday.
The clean will take place from 10am to noon and volunteers are encouraged to wear suitable footwear and bring a litter picker.
- Clevedon’s Curzon cinema, in Old Church Road, will host a one-time screening of one of classical music’s most popular acts.
André Rieu’s Maastricht concert will be shown on Sunday at 2pm.
Tickets, priced £12.50-14, are available on from the box office on 01275 871000.