5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 02 February 2018
North Somerset is awash with live entertainment this weekend, and there are plenty of activities for all the family to enjoy.
- The Olive Tree will be screened by Portishead Film tonight (Friday) at Jubilee Hall, in Slade Road.
The Spanish film tells a stirring story about a girl’s relationship with her grandfather.
Tickets, priced £5, will be available on the door, opening at 7.30pm for an 8pm start.
- There is still time to get into the pantomime spirit.
Wraxall’s All Saints’ Church, in Bristol Road, is holding two showings of Aladdin tomorrow (Saturday) at 2.30pm and 6.30pm.
Buy tickets, priced £3-5, on the door.
- If you fancy some live football, then head to Nailsea for a North Somerset derby.
Nailsea and Tickenham take on Clevedon United at Fryth Way tomorrow at 3pm, with the hosts two places above their opponents in the league table.
Tickets are available to buy on the gate.
- A three-course meal with a Scottish flavour will be gobbled up in Kingston Seymour at a Burns Night event tomorrow evening.
The village hall, in Ham Lane, will host the celebration at 7.30pm which has a ‘fairly formal with a touch of tartan’ dress code.
Buy tickets, priced £18, from Sue Thomas on 01934 833593, with the money raised helping church roof repairs.
- For those wanting to get in the Valentine’s spirit, a special Take Heart craft event will take place in Tickenham.
T@3 have arranged the workshop on Sunday from 3-5pm at St Quiricus and St Julietta Church, in Church Lane.