Report by Samantha Pope
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
IMAGINATIVE and colourful creations took to the streets of Pill for the annual rag extravaganza.
A procession of groups of children and adults wound its way through the village on June 2 following a traditional family fun day held earlier that afternoon.
This took place on the village green, which also hosted a pet show, which was won by Thomas Mitchelle and his dog Reggie, and a children’s fancy dress contest, which saw the Burley family dressed as Tom and Jerry crowned the winners.
Entertainment was provided by Pill’s very own Vogue baton twirlers, zumba dancers and Standing by Statues band. The evening was rounded off with the crowning of the rag king and queen.
The procession entries awarded prizes were:
- Tableaux: The Young Sharks as Best of British.
- Humorous: Glenis, Miranda, Lynn and Carol as Unsynchronised Swimmers.
- Children’s group: The Hardwick Road Gang as Pill Rag Race.
- Most imaginative: Laura Dexter and Friends as 101 Dalmations.
- Best walking group: Vogue Twirlers as The Pill Olympics.
- Supreme: The Crimmuts as The Vicarage Tea Party.
* For a gallery of more photos click on the link at the top right of this story.